After browsing through many muffin recipes, i decided she should try this recipe, a very easy recipe with some basic ingredients. The reliability of this recipe can also be assured as i make it a few times before and it is indeed my first muffin recipe too :)
Joelyn get confused with the basic ingredients and the steps of making a muffin, so here the photo plus some explaination.
Margarine, commonly used for spreading on bread can also be used but butter yield softer texture and superior in fragrance. In contrast, margarine yield a healthier cake as they contain less animal fat compare to butter.
Self raising flour It can be substituted by adding baking powder to all-purpose flour (the ratio is about 250mg all purpose flour to 1 tablespoon/15g baking powder ).
Any brand, be it the pasteurised type or UHT fresh milk (but not the formula milk of your little princess, haha). I usually use Dutch Lady Full Cream Fresh Milk.
Usually fine sugar is used for baking purpose as it can dissolve and mix better with other ingredients.
Usually grade A egg is used, but so far the size of egg do not appear a problem to me. But it need to be brought to room temperature before beating.
Recipe for Chocolate Muffin
Self raising flour 60g
Cocoa powder 10g
Fresh Milk 25ml
Chocolate Rice (about 1 tablespoon, optional)
Chocolate Chips (Optional)
Soften the butter in room temperature
Sieve together the self raising flour and cocoa powder. Set aside.
Pre-heat the oven at the baking temperature for 15mins before baking.
- Beat butter and sugar, until the sugar dissolve and butter turn pale yellow (can be whisk with folk or chopstick)
- Add half of the egg into butter mixture, beat and then add another half and beat again (with folk or chopstick).
- Add half of the sifted flour into 2 and mix till well combine (with spatula)
- Add in fresh milk then the remaining flour and mix till everything well incorporated (with spatula)
- Add in chocolate rice and slighty mix (with spatula).
- Pour the battle into paper cup to 80% full then top with some chocolate chips.
- Bake at 150c for 20-25 minutes or until the skewer inserted into the centre of the muffin comes out clean (nothing stick to the skewer means the muffin are done, if don't have skewer u can use satay stick or tooth pick).