Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Sunday, August 15, 2010
Thursday, August 12, 2010
Monday, July 26, 2010
原来家里有个男人真的还蛮重要的。。。虽然那天临走前他也检查了我的车子 (证明他功夫不到家 lol)。 看来我更需要的是一个会修车的男人，不然就给我多一辆车，再不然给我多多钱也行 :D
Monday, June 28, 2010
Philips Electrical Epilator HP6400
Body hair is one of the girls biggest enemy. Like all girls, I too yearn for a pair of shinny and sexy leg ;)
Like the traditonal epilator, the electrical epilator remove the hair from it's root. If u think I would scream for pain during the whole epilating process with tears constantly run down from my lacrimal sac, then you are wrong. The epilator actually does not cause pain due to it's speed, except for the first epilating session. I would say the first session was an unpleasant experience with tingling sensation and reddest of the skin (red dot all over my leg) throughout the evening which subsided on next morning. Since that, there is no more pain and reddening as the skin get used to the epilating process.
For the best eficacy, u have to hold the epilator 90 degree to ur skin & it is best done when ur skin is oilless (after bath). After epilating, my leg is not totally hairless (on close examination) but the result was quite satisfying to raw eye. However, i found that regrowth of hair is faster than expected. The actual duration? Unknown, as i never mark the date, haha.
The downsides, u cannot use it while waiting bus at bus stop as the gadget needs an electric socket (not battery operated) to operate. U also cannot use it while chatting with ur bf as there is annoying sound emitted from it. But the sound is ok to me, it is just like the sound of electrical mixer.
Body Natur Hair Removal Series
The star product that constantly receive good feedback from customers and the staffs. The hair regrowth rate is said to be most satisfying, 2 months, according to most of them.
However, i had not try any chemical hair removal since uni time as I do not have the gut to allow my skin to drink the chemical cocktail at regular basis. Most of them are claimed to be mild but bear in mind that they are as potent as to break the bond between the hair molecules.
Saturday, June 26, 2010
Well..to cut the story short..(to know the process, just surf any other food blogs) After just mere 15 minutes, minus the time for the butter to melt, I had my own masterpiece ready. Not really up to expectation but satisfaction level was pretty high. Partly due to the speedy process. 15 minutes is just all it takes... faster than a drive to a bakery. haha..
The cake during 'summer' time -steaming hot fresh from oven...
and when the 'winter' comes...it takes a little skill not to cover the peach with icing sugar. Done.
U won't believe the baked grapes actually tasted very nice, although they do not look apealing. Imagine how the grape juices oozing out to the edges (the dark part on the edge as shown at the picture above) that make them taste awesome. Almost all bloggers gave very good comments on this cake, saying it is easy to make and tasted very nice. For me, overall I would give a 2 thumbs up...out of 5. The only downside, or I can say a major one, was the 'tallness'. My version of this cake is just too short. Could it be my 'gene' that had been pass down to my cake?
Nevertheless, mum and dad said they enjoy this pastry on their tea time. What a supportive (or hungry?) parents.
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
I would said this is probably not the best egg tart recipe but it is the simplest i can find.
- Mix flour with icing sugar.
- Cut cold butter into cubes and add it in the flour mixture using folk. Press the butter with folk until the mixture yield bread crumb like structure.
- Add in egg into the mixture and knead into dough.
- Store the dough in fridge for 2 hours.
- Dissolve sugar in hot water.
- Add in evaporated milk and egg and mix well.
- Sift egg mixture to get rid of the bubbles, remove the unsifted part.
- Cut the dough into 12 equivalent portions.
- Put dough in your tart mould, press the dough with your thumbs, starting from bottom then up to the sides. Trim away any excess dough.
- Carefully pour the egg mixture inside the dough.
- Bake at preheated oven 160c for 20 minutes.
Saturday, June 5, 2010
Thursday, June 3, 2010
1. Grate 1 teaspoon of orange skin.
2. Squeeze orange juice.
3. Add 1 and 2 to make up orange juice mixture.
4. Bring 5 eggs to room temperature. Separate the egg whites from egg yolks. U have to make sure all the container and ur hand are free from oil and water when u handle the eggs. Place the egg whites into the mixing bowl of ur electric mixer and egg yolks to another mixing bowl.
5. Weight 150g of self-raising floor, then sieve it. Weight also 75g of fine sugar to be added into egg yolk mixture and another 75g of fine sugar to be added into egg white mixture.
6. Beat the egg yolks, add in fine sugar and beat until the mixture turn pale using manual whisk (as shown at picture below). Add in 5 tablespoon of oil (i use corn oil) and orange mixture and whisk for a while. Then sieve in the self-raising flour and whisk in one direction until smooth and well combine.
7. With electric mixer, beat the egg whites with 1/2 teaspoon of cream of tartar until frothy and foamy with high speed. Then add in the sugar in 2 batches and continue beat using medium speed and then low speed until peak. The peak form when the peak of the whites form straight line and do not drop. If u are not confidence, u can try to turn ur mixing bowl, if ur egg whites do not flow then it is the peak stage. The whole process usually takes me about 7 minutes.
8. Pour egg yolks mixture into egg whites in 3 addition. Each time gently fold the mixture from upside down with a spatula until just blended. Beware not to overmix the mixture as this will break the air hold in bubble of egg whites.
9. Pour the mixture in a dry and oil-free cake pan and bake in preheated oven at 150c for 35 minutes (u have to pre-heat the oven at 150c for 15 minutes before baking the cake). All oven have difference characteristics, therefore the baking temperature and duration is only for reference. U have to monitor the cake while baking but do not open the oven door during the baking process. Sometimes the cake raise too high (always happen to me as my oven is small) until it is really near to the heating element. To avoid the top from getting burned, u can put one sheet of aluminium foil on top of the cake if the situation ever happen. Beware not to open the oven door too long if u want to do this.
10. Ur cake is done if the skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
11. Remove the cake from the oven and invert the cake immediately. U can use whatever to support the centre of the chiffon pan, i usually use a cup. Let the cake to cool completely before removing it from cake pan.