Saturday, June 26, 2010

I also bake fruit pastry cake :)

I notice something similar in every food blog that i have been following recently. A must have 'fruit pastry cake'. Not to be left out, i also bake my own version of this cake, coupled with a little 'modification' of the recipe..... to stand out from the others sold out there. Initial plan for the decoration was peach, green apple, cherry and grapes. Talk about variety here. Funny..cuz we never use local fruits to bake cakes, rite? But the green apple was given up at last due to the constraint of space.

Well..to cut the story short..(to know the process, just surf any other food blogs) After just mere 15 minutes, minus the time for the butter to melt, I had my own masterpiece ready. Not really up to expectation but satisfaction level was pretty high. Partly due to the speedy process. 15 minutes is just all it takes... faster than a drive to a bakery. haha..

The cake during 'summer' time -steaming hot fresh from oven...


and when the 'winter' comes...it takes a little skill not to cover the peach with icing sugar. Done.


U won't believe the baked grapes actually tasted very nice, although they do not look apealing. Imagine how the grape juices oozing out to the edges (the dark part on the edge as shown at the picture above) that make them taste awesome. Almost all bloggers gave very good comments on this cake, saying it is easy to make and tasted very nice. For me, overall I would give a 2 thumbs up...out of 5. The only downside, or I can say a major one, was the 'tallness'. My version of this cake is just too short. Could it be my 'gene' that had been pass down to my cake?




Nevertheless, mum and dad said they enjoy this pastry on their tea time. What a supportive (or hungry?) parents.
For recipe, click here

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow wow, yummy fruit pastry cake, everyone addicted to baking now, hehe

Mindy said...

wow wow, yummy fruit pastry cake, everyone addicted to baking now, hehe

Mindy said...

above commented by me

Min said...

This cake is a 'hit' now, hehe. It's enjoying to decorate the cake with different types of fruits, next time I will try with strawberries :)

Post a Comment