Sunday, September 6, 2009

Orange Chiffon Cake

I like orange and I like cake, but i don't fancy orange cake. However, i baked this for my mum as she always ask for orange chiffon cake.
The resulting cake was very satisfying, soft, moist and aromatic. It will be perfect if not for the identity crisis that it faces, haha. If I were to bake this again, I will add some orange cordial (sunquick) to enhance it's orange coloration and thus the appearance of this cake.
Orange chiffon for a friend

Orange chiffon cake recipe:
  1. Grate 1 tsp of range rind and sqeeze 5 tbsp of orange juice to make up orange mixture.
  2. Add 5 egg yolks, 150g self-raising floor, 75g sugar, 5 tbsp corn oil and orange mixture in a bowl. Whisk in one direction until smooth and well combined.
  3. Whisk 5 egg whites and 1/2tsp cream of tartar until frothy, than add in 75g sugar in 2 batches and continue whisk until a peak.
  4. Pour yolks mixture into egg whites mixture in 3 batches, after each addition, stir the mixture in one direction until well combined.
  5. Pour in chiffon cake mold and bake at 150c for 35 minutes.
  6. Remove from oven, invert and leave to cool completely before removing from cake tin.

3 comments:

Min said...

Your chiffon cake looks great, hehe, but I found out that my chiffon cake won't last long, I mean mould will grow on it just after few days...

Anonymous said...

i also wanted to be ur fren ler.

ji wa wa said...

soft and tender

Post a Comment