Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Mango Yoghurt Ice-cream


I really don't know how to take a nice ice-cream photo, in fact I never take good photo due to my poor photo taking technique and my lousy camera ;p

Without ice-cream scooper, my ice-ceam ball is not really a ball. I can't take my time as it get melt. No wonder professional photographer use potato to replace ice-cream when it come to photo taking. I guess i won't have better skill than professional photographer, so i gave up :p. I just use the highest speed to take the photo as well as putting the ice-cream in my mouth.

The ice-cream is so yummy and refreshing. It is wonderful to be taken at these hot days. I will say this is a wholesome ice-cream because it contains yoghurt (which is healthy), with a little bit of sugar (compare to the amount of sugar use in baking), and it use non-daily cream (non-daily cream is healthy right? At least it is healthier than daily cream), and forget about the egg yolks, haha.


Mango Yoghurt Ice-Cream Recipe (adapted from The Kitchen 70's)
Ingredients
A: 300g Mango Yoghurt, 3 egg yolks, 40g sugar
B: 200g non-daily cream

Method
1. Cook ingredients A over double boiler until thick, bring away from heat and leave to cool.
2. Whisk the cream to stiff. Add in mixture A.
3. Store the mixture in freezer and beat every hour for 5 to 6 times.
4. Freeze overnight before serve.

4 comments:

Min said...

Wei, what is non-daily cream? Is it those whipping cream?

Mindy said...

I also dunno what is non-daily cream

花 花 宇 宙 said...

Min, Mindy;
Non-daily cream is 植 物 性 fresh cream. Whipping cream can be either daily or non-daily,non-daily is the cream use for the topping of the cake, it can be bought from cake supplier shop. Haha, actually i made this ice-cream because i have leftover cream after making the cake for my mum.

Anonymous said...

I think she means non-daiRy cream.

Post a Comment