Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Pumpkin Bread


I am not sure whether this is a pumpkin season but my kitchen is overloaded with pumpkins given by friends and neighbours. As none of my family member fancy steamed pumpkins ( which is the only thing my mum will do with pumpkins), so I am thinking of other ways to finish the fruit (or vegetable ??).

I remember i came across a recipe from Happy Home Baking of baking pumpkin bread using freshly cooked pumpkin puree. Using the same recipe, I am going to bake my very own pumpkin bread.

While I was eagerly preparing the ingredients for the bread, I realised i didnt have honey with me. Well, I think it is ok to omit it as only 1 tsp is needed (I halfed the recipe), haha, a lousy excuse resulted from my refusal to drag myself out to get it as it was raining. Instead, I added some sugar and milk powder as substitution of honey for it's contribution to the bread's sweetness and moisture.


The crust of the bread was a bit hard, I think i overbaked it as this is the first time I bake my bread at 190c (usually I use 170c). It was also too salty for my liking. The good things is, u can never smell or taste pumpkin from the bread. The only clues is from the beautifully arranged pumpkin seeds on the top of bread, so even Yap (who really don't like pumpkin) also had no problem of having it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment