Sunday, December 14, 2008

Japanese Black Pearl Cake 日 本 黑 珍 珠 蛋 糕


I was still hesitating whether to make tis cake tis morning while i was mopping the floor.Get this recipe from aunty yochana, however, it seems like all the followers fail to make this cake, and even aunty yochana herself make tis cake without egg yolks. will it be sucessful?or should i juz play safe and make a cheedar cheese cake?After much consideration, i'm still decided to be adventurous, be it sucess or fail cuz tis is a golden opportunity for me to make such a chocolate rich cake as yap and twins all around, otherwise, it is very hard for me to find 'victim' to finish tis cake as none of my family members are choco-lover, includes me.

I used 6 egg yolks and 6 egg white regardless of the weight from the recipe cuz i didn't want to waste my ingredient. The cake was grow too high and nearly touch the heating element, so i covered the top with aluminium foil. The baking temperature was change to 160c to suit my small oven. The cake was well baked at 30 mins.

The result was so satisfying. I tot the outcome will be a brownies-like cake, something moist and dense. But the cake turned out so soft, light and fluffy, but still very moist, have a very chololatey taste as described. The cake's colour was very dark as the name implies. Yap rate it as 10/10. Twins like it too. Yeah, what a success! Think it will be a cake for all choco-lover.

2 comments:

Ink Ninja said...

Looks tasty. Now you've made me hungry.

花 花 宇 宙 said...

hi,ink ninja
it's tasty but the photo i took really a disaster. hv to learn how to take nice photo next time

Post a Comment