Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Trio Wholemeal Loaf

It all started with an idea of doing something healthy for breakfast, lunch and dinner..And what more healthier than a wholemeal, less sugar, 'oil'less and not to mention low calories but high in protein bread (I never even care actually). It took a little bit of sweat, a little bit of time and a little bit of patience...and 'ting..!!!' my 'masterpiece' was ready. It wasn't that hard actually, in fact, the hardest part is giving the right name to it. Any suggestion? An wholemeal loaf with walnut, raisin and chocolate chips. So I decided to just give 'trio wholemeal loaf' a try.


So far, this is the loaf i like the most as i like the chewy and nutty texture of the loaf. Basically u get all the mouth tastes combined in one chew. I always feel like eating some tidbits when having the bread. The raisin and chocolate chips add some sweetness to the loaf and that is what make the whole bread unique. Final result, the wholemeal loaf less 'dull' than what you normally get from commercial wholemeal loaf.


This recipe use up to 1:1 ratio of bread flour to wholemeal flour. (Don't ask me why because I never understand what the chemical reactions that happen inside.) The proportion of wholemeal may be too high to some people as this mean the resulting loaf will be harder than normal loaf but i really like the texture.


Finally, what I really proud of is that I can keep this bread more than 24 hour... haha, before it turn hard..I mean real hard. In fact, my 'masterpiece' never survive till the third day...with all end up in my stomach...

1 comments:

Min said...

Hey Jessie, now only I know you got a blog. Hehe...your wholemeal loaf looked great la, you knead the dough yourself? I also opt for wholemeal flour during my recent bakes, healthier lo...

Post a Comment