Monday, December 22, 2008

Dong zhi 冬 至

This is the 1st yr my nieces dominate the tang yuan making process. I only play my part when it comes to the boiling the tang yuan.


This is the proof how seriously they are shaping their tang yuan. This year, we only had those pre-mixed tang yuan eaten with ground peanut and gula melaka.

Twins happily present their products after paying so much effort. The tang yuan are displayed using their creativity



Asked how they get to know the tang yuan shaping technique, they said they learn from Ah Wang. I was wonder whether Ah Wang is their new little friend but later they notify me that it's the Ah Wang on hong kong series 阿 旺 新 傳 。 See, kids do learn things from tv, so keep an eye on tv show they are watching.

As usual, my mum prepares popiah using the way she used to cook this for decades. ;P. Yummy. I have eaten this food since... say, when I start eating solid food. After so many years..this is still my favorite festive food.



Now, it's my turn to give. I have did something unrelated to dong zhi. Dala... a pandan chiffon cake which my mum asked for almost every week. This time i used different recipe as the last pandan chiffon cake was not so satisfying. This recipe by Baking Mum using larger amount of coconut milk compare to the previous one. With the superb mixture of coconut milk and fresh pandan extract, the cake turned out to have very irresistable fragrance. The cake also quite moist and fluffy. Unfortunately, i underbake it, but to my surprise, none of my family member realise and complain about it :)







Its a joyful dong zhi

0 comments:

Post a Comment