Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Pineapple Tart

Pineapple tart is always the dessert i wanted to make since i started on my baking journey in September last year. Many bloggers have told me that making pineapple tart is not easy, especially if u wana make ur own pineapple jam. It takes a lots of efforts and tones of sweats and time. Not to mention the extra-complicated techniques in moulding the 'pineapple' shape of ur tart. But still, i decided to give it a try before i give up.

Now come the 'excellent' time for me to bake pineapple tart - chinese new year, -the time in a year when we can indulge ourselves with those sinfully sweet and fattening food. I decided to start everything from scratch as many have commented that those commercial pineapple jams available are either too sweet or too dry.

Cutting pineapple is a real challenge for me, not to mention the difficulties in picking correct pineapple for the tarts. I had seen Charles cut the fruit for so long and end up with little flesh (Charles, sorry for sharing ur bitter experience, haha...). But my dogged determination on baking pineapple tart tells me to face the challenge. And after i cut the food, i know that cutting pineapple is not that difficult (sorry, time to show off). The cooking is not that difficult also (again...). The whole process from cutting pineapple to yielding the jam take 1 hour plus, quite a reasonable time. Perhaps it is due to the amount of pineapple (I only use 1 as this is only a trial)

1 comments:

Min said...

Hey girl, I really salute you la, can make own pineapple jam, a lot of hard work right? I'm lazy, that's why I bought ready-made jam...

Post a Comment