Friday, February 20, 2009

Raisin and chocolate chips scones


This is a saturday morning and i was craving for breakfast after coming back from methadone clinic. I was in the mood of having some home make breakfast despite being scolded by one of the drug addict. I am sure people like me (who have high EQ, haha) shouln't have the mood spoilt by those unreasonable people.
I decided to bake scone as i miss my baking for so long and need to bake something that is fast and easy. You might think t i had bake this before from what i said. No no, you are wrong, this is my first time but i have confidence to have my breakfast served in half an hour time.
Like what Sze Min said, the preparing is fast, i added in an additional ingredient - chocolate chips to make the scones a little bit differrent from what she did, haha. To hasten the process, i didnt' even measure the amount of milk or beat the egg. When the batter is ready, i realised i haven't prepare the baking paper and also forgot to reserve some egg for glazing. I know you all are going to say that this is the result of being over confidence. Ok, next time I will be more careful. At last i decided to glaze the pre-bake scones with milk since i had milk on hand.
Finally , I still get my breakfast served in half an hour time but the outlook of end products were not so satisfying. I expected a lousy breakfast but the taste of the scones was surprisingly nice and fragrance. It is really weird that i taste banana in the scones, haha. Think next time i am going to bake a banana scones and feel the difference. Besides the scones, i was also having the home planted starfruit bought from the malay uncle in my clinic.

1 comments:

Min said...

Hey, it's true, making scone is very easy, can be prepared in less than an hour. I miss baking scone la, should try this weekend lo...

Post a Comment